This is a snapshot release. It has not been tested to production standards. It is made available so customers can give feedback on changes.
This release adds improvements and bug fixes to v1.19.1. The download links are at the bottom of the page.
We recommend that you back-up important transform files before installing any new release. Please let us know of any problems or issues you encounter with the release.
You can uninstall old releases after you have successfully installed this version.
1. The Unfill transform has been added. This sets values to empty when they are identical to adjacent values in the given direction. You might find this useful for creating human-readable data tables. It is the opposite to the Fill transform.
2. When importing delimited text files (e.g. CSV) you are now warned if different number of rows have different number of values (‘ragged’ columns). This may be a sign that there are problems with the data.
3. The Date Format now uses caching to speed up cases where it is converting the same date value more than once. This results in a x30 speedup in some cases. It will be slightly slower in cases where there are no repeat date values. Thanks to Tim R. for reporting the performance issue.
4. An issue that could cause column variables not to work correctly with regular expressions in the Replace transform has been fixed.
5. Pressing the Return or Enter key (rather than the Tab key) with the focus on the File field in the Right pane could make Easy Data Transform unresponsive. This is now fixed. Thanks to James H. for reporting this.
6. The Right pane was sometimes doing unecessary repaints, which wasted CPU cycles. This is now fixed. Thanks to Tim R. for reporting this.
Questions or problems?