This release adds improvements and bug fixes to v1.36.0 on Windows and Mac. The download link is at the bottom of the page.
We recommend that you back-up important transform files before installing any new release. Please let us know of any problems or issues you encounter with the release.
You can uninstall old releases after you have successfully installed this version.
1. You can now choose in Preferences whether to optimize for memory usage or processing speed.
Set Optimize processing for to:
For a test .transform file reading in, sorting, joining and writing 1 million rows:
|Preference||Time taken (seconds)|
|Minimum memory use||14.75|
Note that memory compression is only effective when columns contains multiple identical values (which is often the case with real world data).
2. Detailed reporting on the Join transform can be very helpful, but slows the transform down by about 50%. So duplicate keys, key misses, key overlap and key whitespace are now only reported if the detailed report checkbox is checked.
3. Fixed width files could not previously be input if they exceeded 2^30 characters (about 1 Gigabyte, depending on text encoding). This is now fixed. Thanks to Eric V. for reporting this.
4. Input files of type JSON, XML or VCard cannot be input if they exceed 2^30 characters (about 1 Gigabyte, depending on text encoding). Previously Easy Data Transform would crash if you tried to load a file bigger than this. Now it fails gracefully with a message in the Warnings tab.
5. Hint text is now shown in the Right pane for Filter transforms.
6. Previously changing the path of an input or output item would trigger it to be processed, even if Run>Auto Run was unchecked. Processing will now only be triggered if Run>Auto Run is checked.
Questions or problems?