This release adds bug fixes and improvements to v1.6.5. The download links are at the bottom of the page.
We recommend that you back-up important transform files before installing any new release. Please let us know of any problems or issues you encounter with the release.
You can uninstall old releases after you have successfully installed this version.
1. An Interpolation transform has been added. This is useful if you want to merge together two datasets with numerical sample/value pairs. For example, if you have time/temperature data every second for one sensor and time/temperature data for every two seconds for another sensor, then you can interpolate the data to get a temperature value every second for both sensors. Piecewise and Linear interpolation are supported. See the documentation for Windows or Mac for more details. Thanks to Michael K. for suggesting this.
2. Previously the appropriate extension was not automatically added when outputting files with use native file windows unchecked in Preferences. This is now fixed. Thanks to Dave V. for reporting this.
3. If you export a file using the Export to file button in the Right pane for a transform, the extension selected is now used as the default next time. Thanks to Hans G. for the suggestion.
4. You are now warned if you try to copy more than a million data values into the clipboard.
5. Previously the Export to file button in the Right pane for a transform always output in Excel or CSV format, even if an extension such as TSV was selected. This is now fixed. Thanks to Hans G. for reporting this.
6. Previously the BOM was not written to UTF encoded files when Byte Order Mark was checked in the Right pane. This is now fixed.
7. Previously Easy Data Transform used CRLF for line ending on Mac in text files (such as .csv and .tsv) rather than the Mac standard LF. This is now fixed. Thanks to Hans G. for reporting this.
8. In macOS 10.15 (Catalina), saving a file over an existing file with the same name can cause a crash. This appears to be a macOS bug and we hope Apple will fix it soon. As a workaround you should either:
MacOS 10.14 and earlier are not affected.
Questions or problems?