This release adds bug fixes and improvements to v1.9.1. The download links are at the bottom of the page.
We recommend that you back-up important transform files before installing any new release. Please let us know of any problems or issues you encounter with the release.
You can uninstall old releases after you have successfully installed this version.
1. Previously file types were based on file extensions and could not be changed (e.g. .xml is always an XML file). You can now set the default file type for input and output files in the Preferences window.
If you input a file with an unknown extension you will be prompted for the default type for this extension.
You can also override the default file type for each input and output item using the Type option.
2. The Dedupe transform has now been replaced by the more comprehensive Unique transform.
Only rows that have unique values for every Keep unique column will be kept. For the other columns you can choose:
The Dedupe transform is now deprecated and can’t be added to new .transform files.
Thanks to João for the suggestion.
3. You can now uncheck add totals for a Pivot transform if you don’t want to add row and/or column totals. Thanks to Dan F. for the suggestion. (This feature was supposed to be in v1.9.1, but was accidentally omitted.)
4. The Lookup transform now has a If no match option so you can decide whether to Use no match value (the previous behaviour) or Leave unchanged when a value is not found in the lookup. Thanks to Torgrim S. for the suggestion.
5. Double-click on the column header of a dataset in the Right pane to show the most frequent values in that column. Up to 20 values are shown. Values are treated as text. Thanks to Dave V. for the suggestion.
6. The Rename transform did not always update correctly if you changed a name more than once in the Right pane. This is now fixed.
8. Previously starting Easy Data Transform by double-clicking on a .transform file didn’t work correctly if open previous file at start-up was checked in Preferences. This is now fixed. Thanks to Adam E. for reporting this.
9. In macOS 10.15 (Catalina), saving a file over an existing file with the same name can cause a crash. This appears to be a macOS bug and we hope Apple will fix it soon. As a workaround you should either:
MacOS 10.14 and earlier are not affected.
Questions or problems?