This release adds improvements and bug fixes to v1.15.1. The download links are at the bottom of the page.
We recommend that you back-up important transform files before installing any new release. Please let us know of any problems or issues you encounter with the release.
You can uninstall old releases after you have successfully installed this version.
1. The use of memory by Easy Data Transform is now more efficient. This means it can deal with significantly larger datasets without running out of memory. In testing we were able to load a 15 cols x 16 million rows (2.0 GB) CSV file in 114 seconds. Loading of larger files is also possible.
2. The Split Col transform now has an additional Ordering option Reverse. This is useful if you want to find the last value listed in a cell. Thanks to Ziad for the suggestion.
3. The Split Col transform now allows you to split a column into multiple rows, as well as multiple columns.
4. The Right pane has been modified to avoid having nested scroll bars.
5. You can now choose the type for each column when outputting to JSON. In the Right pane set Value types to:
Set the Value types to String to keep the previous behaviour.
6. You can now type one or more keywords into the left pane to find the transform you need. Only transforms that fit the classification from the drop-down (e.g. Merge transforms) AND contain the typed keyword(s) are shown.
7. In the right pane their are now convenience buttons for scrolling left and right.
8. Numbers are now read from Excel using the Locale set in Preferences.
9. If you right-click Duplicate Branch any new input or output items now have unique aliases. Output items are also set to Write mode disabled.
10. There are additional warnings if 2 or more outputs are overwriting the same file (file+sheet for Excel).
11. Previously there were issues with rounding of some decimal numbers read from Excel. This is now fixed. Thanks to Ziad for reporting this.
12. Minor improvements to dark mode.
Questions or problems?