This release adds improvements and bug fixes to v1.16.0. The download links are at the bottom of the page.
We recommend that you back-up important transform files before installing any new release. Please let us know of any problems or issues you encounter with the release.
You can uninstall old releases after you have successfully installed this version.
1. An item is now shown in the Right pane only when a single item is selected in the Center pane. This makes scrolling simpler and allows us to better size the individual elements in the Right pane. We feel this is much more useable than the previous approaches, which tried to handle showing multiple items in the Right pane. Thanks to Ziad Y. for the feedback.
2. A new Toggle data on/off button is available at the top of the Right pane.
3. There is now a Plain text format for input files. This is similar to a delimited text file (such as CSV) but it reads the data into a single column. I could be useful for things like log files. It is now the default for input files with the extension .log.
4. A Calculate transform has been added. This can perform calculations on 1 or 2 columns.
|Addition||2 number columns or 1 date and 1 number column|
|Subtraction||2 number columns, 2 date columns or 1 date and 1 integer column|
|Multiplication||2 number columns|
|Power||2 number columns|
|Modulus||2 integer columns|
|Abs||1 number column|
|Ceiling||1 number column|
|DayOfWeek||1 date column|
|DayOfMonth||1 date column|
|DayOfYear||1 date column|
|Decrement||1 date column|
|Floor||1 number column|
|Length||1 column of any type|
|Log10||1 number column|
|Ln||1 number column|
|Month||1 date column|
|Round||1 number column|
|Sign||1 number column|
|year||1 date column|
Example rounding a number column:
Example multiplying two number columns:
Example addition of one date column and one number column:
Example difference calculkation on two date columns:
5. The old Replace transform has now been superceded by a new Replace transform that supports replacing multiple terms in one transfrom. Thanks to Brad K., Charles W. and Ziad Y. for the suggestion.
6. The Replace transform now has an Exact text option. With this option selected a replacement will only be made if the text matches exactly, including whitespace. Thanks to Joao for the suggestion.
7. The Replace, Filter, If, Compare Cols, Slice, Split Rows and Dedupe transforms now have the option for case insensitive matching of text by unchecking the case sensitive check box.
8. Space has been added as a possible delimiter for delimited text files. Note that a space delimited text file (where a single unquoted space separates columns) is not the same as a fixed width text file (where 0 or more spaces are used to pad out each column to a fixed size). Thanks to Frank S. for the suggestion.
9. There is now the option to use Custom delimiters when inputting or outputting delimited text files.
10. The following statistical measures have been added to the Summary transform:
See the help for more details. Thanks to Dan F. for the suggestions.
11. Any open tooltips are hidden when moving between items in the Center pane using the keyboard.
12. There have been improvements to sizing of controls in the Right pane, e.g. for the If transform. Thanks to Joao for the suggestion.
13. Improved the handling of numerical precision, e.g. to prevent 1 being shown as 0.99999999.
14. The allowed values for the second column were not correctly reset when disconnecting and reconnecting Compare, Slice and Total transforms. This is now fixed. Thanks to Alexey for reporting this.
Questions or problems?